For the ultimate in situational awareness, the GMX 200™ multi-function display leads the pack with a viewing area almost 20 percent larger than other panel-mounted MFDs and several interface options. GMX 200 is available in four versions for even more choices in the cockpit: Standard, Traffic, Radar/TAWS and Radar/Traffic.
Get the Big Picture
You'll always get the big picture with GMX 200's sunlight-readable, high-resolution, 640 x 480 display. In addition to its 6.5 inch AMLCD display, it comes with enhanced backlighting that dramatically improves color and contrast, making chart depictions and images easier to read in all lighting conditions.
Reduce Your Workload
GMX 200 is easy-to-use with multiple functions and useful features that make navigation simple:
- see your aircraft's position relative to terrain, obstructions, weather, airways, navaids, restricted airspace and more
- select between several charting options, and easily add or remove details with the simple press of a soft key
- rotary knob allows for quicker map scale changes and entry of data
- front loading SD card slot makes it easy to update charts
- fits in same panel space as the MX20 and includes more serial ports for added sensor capacity
Enhance Situational Awareness
The GMX 200 includes high resolution terrain and hydrography data for the entire world which is preloaded for an unmatched presentation even at the lower zoom scales. The basemap with cities, roads, rivers, and lakes has been added to further improve situational awareness. An aviation database featuring Jeppesen® NavData™ is used to draw airports, airways, navaids, airspace and more. Map scales range from one-fourth of a mile to a whopping 2500 miles. A unique split screen function allows you to simultaneously view two charting options along with the vertical profile for the elevation of the terrain along the route of flight.
The optional ChartView feature can be added to further enhance situational awareness in the airport and terminal areas. Surface diagrams are automatically displayed on departure and arrival to assist with taxiing unfamiliar airports or in conditions of poor visibility. Your aircraft's position can also be overlaid on the electronic approach chart to provide a visual crosscheck while helping to reduce pilot workload. All of the ChartView plates are seamlessly stitched into the custom mapping options.
Choose Your Version
The GMX 200 comes in four versions: Standard, Traffic, Radar/TAWS, and Radar/Traffic.
- GMX 200 Standard — supports interface to ADS-B transceivers
- GMX 200 Traffic — supports interfaces to Garmin TIS transponders and can also be connected to certain TCAS 1 and TAS systems
- GMX 200 Radar/TAWS — supports interfaces to Garmin GWX 68 radar, other onboard radar systems, and selected TAWS sensors
- GMX 200 Radar/Traffic — supports traffic interfaces and can also be interfaced with Garmin’s GWX 68™, a new color digital weather radar with 6.5 KW of transmit power. When connected to the GWX 68™, the Radar/Traffic model displays real-time weather ahead of the aircraft supporting both horizontal and vertical perspectives.
The GMX 200 may be interfaced with the Garmin 400/500 series, GNS 480™, Garmin GDL 69/69A, Garmin GTX 330/33™, Garmin GDL 90™, Garmin GWX 68, as well as many other manufactures' GPS navigation equipment.
- GMX 200 Standard = Not compatible with Traffic Systems, Onboard Radar Systems or TAWS. See GMX 200 Traffic, GMX 200 Radar/TAWS or GMX 200 Radar/Traffic.
- GMX 200 Traffic = Not compatible with Onboard Radar Systems or TAWS. See GMX 200 Radar/TAWS or GMX 200 Radar/Traffic. Contact Product Support for a list of compatible Traffic systems.
- GMX 200 Radar/TAWS = Compatible with Onboard Radar Systems and TAWs.
- GMX 200 Radar/Traffic = Contact Product Support for list of compatible Onboard Radar Systems.