Rugged GPS watch built to withstand the toughest environments
- Constructed to U.S. military standard 810G for thermal, shock and water resistance (rated to 100 metres)
- Tactical-specific features include stealth mode, Jumpmaster, waypoint projection, dual-position GPS formatting and preloaded tactical activity
- Built-in 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter plus multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) support helps track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Monitor your heart rate1, activity and stress; train with preloaded activity profiles
- Stay connected with smart notificationsand automatic data uploads to the Garmin Connect™ online fitness community
- Use the TracBack® feature to navigate the same route back to your starting point; use the Garmin Explore™ website and app to plan your trips in advance
- Battery life: up to 14 days in smartwatch mode, up to 16 hours in GPS mode and up to 40 hours in UltraTrac™ battery saver mode (depending on settings)
Built to endure, like you
When you can rely on Instinct, the world can rely on you. This rugged, reliable outdoor GPS watch is built to the U.S. military standard 810G for thermal, shock and water resistance (rated to 100 metres). The fibre-reinforced polymer case adds strength and durability, and the chemically-strengthened, scratch-resistant display is high-contrast enough to read in bright sunlight, so you can take it with you into the extremes you face every day. You can also activate "night vision mode", which reduces backlight settings to a level that doesn't interfere with the operation of night vision goggles. Plus, the fully vented silicone bands include two independent, removable keeper loops to ensure a secure fit and to keep you from getting caught on things.
GPS you can count on
You've never been one to follow the beaten path — that's where Instinct comes in. GPS, GLONASS and Galileo satellite network capability tracks in more challenging environments than GPS alone. The built-in 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter help you keep your bearings. Take the guesswork out of your return journey by using the TracBack feature to navigate the same route back to start.
Enable stealth mode to stop storing and sharing your GPS position and disable wireless connectivity and communication. Access projected waypoints and a dual-format GPS coordinate data page that supports display of MGRS, degrees/minutes/seconds and more.
Monitor and train
The Instinct GPS watch monitors your heart rate, activity and stress throughout the day, so you know how much you do — and how hard you're working to do it. When you're ready to train, we've got you covered with preloaded activity profiles for running, biking, swimming and more. It also has mission-specific training options, including Jumpmaster and a preloaded tactical activity.
Add global connectivity
Pair your Instinct with an inReach® device so your watch can display messages received on your inReach device and send preset messages using inReach satellite communication technology. Get weather alerts on your wrist to stay up to date with changes in your environment. Plus, you'll be able to trigger an SOS alert to contact the GEOS 24/7 emergency response team3.
1 Activity tracking accuracy
2 When paired with a compatible smartphone
3 Satellite subscription required. Some jurisdictions regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communication devices. It is your responsibility to know and follow all applicable laws in the jurisdictions where the device is intended to be used