Pick the Right Transducer for Your Vessel
There are a lot of variables to consider when selecting a transducer for your boat. Before you get started, you might want to consider the answers to these questions:
- What model of Garmin sonar, fishfinder or combo do you have?
- How do you use your sonar — fishing or just for depth?
- What’s your boat’s hull made of? How is it shaped?
- What’s your boat’s hull’s deadrise angle?
- Are you in fresh water or salt water?
- How will you mount it — In-hull, transom, thru-hull, trolling motor?
Knowing the answers to these questions makes it a lot easier to understand why some transducers are better for your boat than others.
Use our Selection Guide — and the answers to the questions — to choose the product you want to match with a transducer.