The GTN Essential eLearning course provides in-depth instruction on the fundamental operation of this highly capable touchscreen system. Completing this course enables a pilot who is new to the system or in need of a refresher to complete standard tasks encountered during a flight with a high level of competency and confidence. You can access the courseware immediately using a computer, tablet or smartphone with Internet access.
Learn at Your Own Pace
The GTN Essential eLearning course goes beyond the Pilot's Guide taking you through a scenario which will help build your understanding of the GTN system. It follows 2 individuals — an instructor and a student — as they perform ground training and flight exercises along a cross-country flight, highlighting the GTN’s capabilities during each phase. The course is divided into six 15-30 minute lessons, each concluding with a review of the Aviation Training team’s key points.
An assessment at the completion of the course puts you to the test performing solo tasks learned throughout the course while navigating one final leg. Conveniently, the course allows each user to pause, as necessary, and seamlessly resume the lesson. Additionally, you can re-take the entire course or specific lessons as often as you want during the subscription period.
- Map display setup and navigation
- Managing communication and navigation radios, including an optional transponder interface
- Accessing flight critical information including nearest function and waypoint information
- Creating and editing flight plans to include Direct-To navigation
- Loading and activating departure, arrival, and approach procedures, including missed approaches
- Viewing the electronic terminal chart database
- Using utility functions including VCALC and Trip and Fuel Planning
Begin Training Today
The GTN Essential eLearning course costs $99 for a 2-year subscription and is periodically updated to ensure that you receive the latest information available. It is available by going to https://fly.garmin.com/fly-garmin/training/ and selecting the course from the drop down menu on the left side of the page. Log in to your flyGarmin account to purchase and begin your training today.