Fast, Affordable Update for Existing G1000 King Air Installations
- For King Airs equipped with the original G1000, this update brings state-of-the-art G1000 NXi features and performance enhancements to your cockpit – with minimal downtime and investment
- G1000 NXi upgrade offers faster processing, brighter high-resolution displays, wireless connectivity features, HSI mapping, autopilot-coupled visual aproaches, SurfaceWatch™ runway monitoring and much more
- Options for advanced ADS-B “In” display of traffic, featuring TargetTrend™ and TerminalTraffic™ technology, as well as subscription-free datalink weather
- Enables WAAS LPV approaches into thousands of airports — with visual approach capability for autopilot-coupled glidepaths to pilot-selectable minimums
- Connext® connectivity adds database and flight plan transferring with tablet or smartphone interface
- G1000 NXi is available for popular King Air models, including select King Air C90, 200, 300, and 350 series aircraft.
With thousands of installations and millions of hours flown, Garmin G1000 has achieved icon status as the industry’s leading glass flight deck upgrade for King Air aircraft. With our G1000 NXi series, the story gets even better. This enhanced system combines added processing power and memory capacity with brighter, smoother high-res displays, faster graphics rendering and significant performance enhancements overall.
Better still, if you’re already flying with a legacy King Air G1000 system, Garmin makes it easy and affordable to upgrade your flight deck to the new G1000 NXi configuration. It’s a virtual “plug-and-play” swapout for your current displays. Downtime is minimal. And the benefits are significant. Backed by our No. 1-ranked product support team, the King Air G1000 NXi upgrade provides a clear path for bringing next-generation technology to the glass cockpit suite you already know and love.
Growth-oriented Display Technology
With excellent dimming performance enabled by modern LED backlighting technology, the G1000 NXi displays are bright, crisp and highly adaptable for future growth. Powerful graphics rendering offers high-speed zooming, panning and map depiction. Plus, the displays initialize within seconds after start-up, so you can quickly access your avionics and save valuable preflight time in the cockpit.
HSI Mapping Adds Geographical Detail
To provide even more situational awareness, the G1000 NXi includes HSI mapping capabilities that puts an MFD-like perspective map view within the HSI portion of your primary flight display. This detailed graphical landscape on the PFD helps focus your instrument scan, enabling you to better visualize nearby flight and enroute navigation features — especially when things get extra busy in the cockpit.
SurfaceWatch™ Runway Monitoring
Adding to the array of Garmin Terminal Safety Solutions that include SafeTaxi® diagrams and TerminalTraffic surveillance within the airport environment, the legacy King Air G1000 to G1000 NXi upgrade also incorporates the latest SurfaceWatch runway identification/alerting technology. This SurfaceWatch monitoring capability offers the opportunity for a safer operating environment, helping you avoid runway incursions or operational miscues such as takeoffs or landings on the wrong runway, or on a taxiway, or on a runway that is too short for safe departure or arrival.
Connext Cockpit Connectivity
Using Connext wireless connectivity via the included Flight Stream 510 wireless gateway, you can stream information in real time between your avionics system and compatible mobile devices running the Garmin Pilot™ app. This combination turns your tablet or smartphone into a true cockpit interface — enabling Database Concierge wireless database transfer plus flight plan transfer and continual streaming of weather, traffic, attitude information and more to your compatible mobile display (when installed with an optional ADS-B “In” source). Flight plan transfer and data display options are also available via Connext on select Garmin portables and compatible mobile devices running the ForeFlight Mobile app. With an optional GSR 56 datalink and Connext Satellite service plan, you can also use mobile devices running Garmin Pilot to send text messages and initiate phone calls. And with a subscription to SiriusXM® audio entertainment, Connext allows you to wirelessly control SiriusXM channel selection from any seat on the aircraft. Additionally, an optional Bluetooth-enabled audio panel allows pilots or passengers to connect a mobile device to easily make or receive phone calls and stream audio entertainment.
Put More Approaches on Autopilot
Your King Air’s super-smooth GFC 700 digital Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS) gets even more proficient with the G1000 NXi update. In addition to full class 3 approach capability that allows you to fly WAAS LPV “glidepath” approaches down to ILS-comparable minimums, G1000 NXi adds visual approach capability, generating a 3-degree autopilot-coupled vertical flight path down to pilot-selectable minimums. You can also select vectors or straight-in for the final approach intercept — and fly a stable, precise flight path throughout your GPS-guided approach and landing.
Terrain Alerting, Electronic Charts and SafeTaxi
Using information from its terrain and U.S. obstacles databases, your G1000 NXi offers color-coded terrain contouring to graphically alert you when proximity conflicts loom ahead. Three-color terrain shading – an enhancement with G1000 NXi – incorporates green, yellow and red contouring to depict when your aircraft is 2,000', 1,000' and 100' above ground level (AGL) respectively. In addition, SafeTaxi, a detailed database of U.S., Canadian, European or Brazilian airport diagrams, helps monitor your location on unfamiliar airports. And preloaded FliteCharts® provide electronic versions of terminal procedures and approach plates for thousands of airports. (ChartView™electronic approach charts, powered by Jeppesen®, are also available as an option). High-speed processing with G1000 NXi makes for more responsive panning and zooming on all these charts. Plus, if you prefer, you can opt to load both Garmin FliteCharts and ChartView plates on the NXi system, and then alternate between them at any time during your flight. For enroute navigation, your choice of georeferenced VFR Sectional or IFR Enroute mapping data is also offered — along with previews of standard departures and arrivals on the MFD prior to loading and activating the procedures.
See the Benefits of NextGen Compliance
When installed with our optional integrated Garmin GTX 345R ADS-B transponder, your G1000 NXi system provides the ADS-B “Out” capabilities to be rule-compliant with U.S. and European airspace modernization requirements. Along with this, the system will also provide ADS-B “In” to support subscription-free U.S. weather and advanced traffic displays, including patented Garmin TargetTrend and TerminalTraffic. TargetTrend provides you with a more intuitive method of judging target trajectories and closure rates, while TerminalTraffic displays a comprehensive picture of ADS-B equipped aircraft and ground vehicles operating within the airport environment.
Expect More from G1000 NXi
Other key features and safety-focused technologies provided by the G1000 NXi upgrade suite include:
- Advanced digital Doppler-capable weather radar capabilities, available with ground clutter suppression and turbulence detection as options.
- Comm frequency identification format displays the station ID, as well as frequency type.
- NEXRAD weather radar imagery can be overlaid on the MFD moving map as well as on the HSI mapping inset. The MFD weather display can be animated.
- Vertical Situation Display (VSD) incorporates a terrain profile view on the MFD, with situational cues referencing the active flight plan, altitude constraints and winds aloft.
- European Visual Reporting Points (VRPs) are included with the standard G1000 NXi navigation database, enabling pilots to overlay these reporting points on their moving map displays.
- Split-screen view is available on the MFD, offering a simultaneous view of maps, charts, checklists, flight plans and more on a single screen.
- The system also supports popular King Air upgrade STCs, such as the Blackhawk Aerospace XP67A Engine+ upgrade and the Textron Heavyweight Kit option for the King Air 350.
It’s Technology That Inspires Confidence
With its extensive features and advanced technology, it’s easy to see why G1000 NXi is the ideal next step for upgrading your King Air. Not only can you count on these growth-oriented displays to keep pace with evolving technology and airspace requirements, but you’ll also gain the peace of mind provided by an industry-leading 2-year warranty on your new system components – all backed by our top-ranked Garmin product support team.