Take the Easy Route to ELD Compliance
- Simple setup, with one-time purchase and no subscription fees
- Right out of the box, stand-alone device supports 9-pin J1939 and 6-pin J1708 diagnostic ports to fit nearly any semi-truck
- Download the free Garmin eLog app to a compatible smartphone¹ to complete the ELD compliance solution; some Garmin dēzl™ navigators have the app pre-installed and do not require a smartphone to complete the solution
- Hours of Service (HOS) recording complies with FMCSA ELD mandates
- Stores ELD records securely on your compatible smartphone¹, accessible for inspection via the device’s USB port or via FMCSA web services over Bluetooth
Simple One-time Purchase, No-subscription Solution
The Garmin eLog compliant ELD (FMCSA-registered electronic logging device) is your simple solution to making sure your HOS recording complies with FMCSA ELD mandates. You just buy it. Install it. And drive. You have no subscription fees or ongoing costs.
Yes, It Fits Your Semi-truck
This easy-to-install stand-alone device supports both 9-pin J1939 and 6-pin J1708 diagnostic ports, so — right out of the box — it’s ready to fit nearly any semi-truck. You just plug in the Garmin eLog device, download the free Garmin eLog™ app, and you’re ready to go. Note: Garmin eLog is not compatible with vehicles using the OBD2 protocol (SAE J1979). Volvo Trucks with a Volvo engine which have a 16-pin J1962 configuration will require a 16-pin to 9-pin adapter cable, sold separately.
Yes, It Is Compatible with Your dēzl™
Garmin eLog™ works with many Garmin dēzl GPS truck navigators (sold separately) — including dēzl 570, dēzl 770 and dēzlCam™ — so you can easily view duty status and HOS information right on the navigator’s display. Some dēzl navigators require smartphone or tablet¹ in order to view remaining hours on the dēzl display.
Yes, You’re in Compliance
Don’t worry — with Garmin eLog you can be confident your HOS recording complies with FMCSA ELD mandates. It automatically and accurately records driving time, provides easy access to driver duty status and allows you to quickly see remaining driving hours by day or week.
Add the Free Garmin eLog App to Your Smartphone
Download the free Garmin eLog app to a compatible smartphone or tablet¹ to complete your compliance solution.
Your Records Are Secure and Ready for Inspection
Your accurate records are securely stored on your compatible smartphone1, never in the cloud. With the free Garmin eLog app, they’re readily viewable by you anytime. When needed, your records are easily retrieved for roadside inspection via USB flash drive or via FMCSA web services over Bluetooth¹.
¹Requires GPS and Bluetooth®-enabled smartphone or tablet, sold separately. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Garmin is under license.