High-performance, Wireless Optical Distance Measurement Sensor
- Small, lightweight, very low-power optical ranging sensor in a compact form factor
- Communicate wirelessly over our ANT® technology profile with our ANT connectivity-enabled devices and other ANT enabled products, or use the familiar I2C interface
- Highly configurable and customizable
- Interface and programming options allow operation as a stand-alone device or connected to an external micro-controller
- Internal nRF52840 processor means it works straight out of the box with preloaded stock application, or you can create your own custom applications
- Quick, over-the-air updates via BLUETOOTH® wireless technology
Our LIDAR-Lite v4 LED sensor is the first to incorporate ANT profile wireless networking technology into an optical sensor. Its built-in nRF52840 processor means that developers can create custom applications, or LIDAR-Lite v4 can be operated as a stand-alone device right out of the box by using the preloaded stock application. And, like the LIDAR-Lite v3 and LIDAR-Lite v3HP sensors, it can also be directly connected to an external micro-controller running a custom user application. As such, it provides a highly adaptable option for OEM and maker applications in robotics, “internet of things” and unmanned vehicles — or any application where an ultrasonic sensor might otherwise be used. It’s perfect as the basic building block for applications where wireless capabilities, small size, light weight, low power consumption and high performance are important factors in a short-range, 10-meter, optical distance measuring sensor. LIDAR-Lite v4 requires an external 5 VDC power source.
The Bluetooth word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Garmin is under license.