SafeNav is an innovative new GPS-based navigation and alert system designed to provide airport vehicle operators with real-time situational awareness.
Navigate Safely on the Ground
We created SafeNav in partnership with I.D. Systems to help airport support vehicles avoid accidental runway incursions. The system overlays your vehicle’s exact position directly onto the airport operating area. SafeNav boasts a database of nearly 1,000 U.S. airports borrowed from our proven SafeTaxi® diagrams.
The system’s 4.3-inch (11 cm) screen makes it easy to know where you are in relation to runways, taxiways and buildings. It's an ideal solution for improving new employee orientation, enhancing safety for transient vehicles (such as construction contractors), and even seasoned employees in low-visibility conditions such as rain, snow and fog that might obscure signage. It has built-in geofencing algorithms that define airport runways and provide audible alerts as you near an incursion.
- Built-in diagrams of nearly 1,000 U.S. airports
- Real-time vehicle placement on the airport operating area
- 4.3-inch wide-format touchscreen display
- Color-coded runways and taxiways for continuous awareness
- Built-in geo-fencing that provides visual runway proximity cues
- Automatic, risk-weighted audible and visual alarms before runway incursions
*GPS receiver has a nominal operating velocity range of 0 – 800 kts (411 m/s).