Forerunner 310XT Software Update
Download the latest software updates for your Forerunner 310XT
- Forerunner 310XT only
- PC running Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later operating system, OR
- PowerPC/Intel-based Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later
- Garmin Communicator Plugin -- Check for updates
- Garmin ANT Agent -- Check for updates
- Internet Explorer users on Windows Vista or Windows 7 must add "buy.garmin.com", "my.garmin.com" and "connect.garmin.com" to your list of Trusted Sites in the Security tab under Internet Options.
- Make sure you have paired your Forerunner 310XT with the Garmin ANT Agent™ before attempting this software update.
- Make sure you have your USB ANT Stick™ plugged in and the Garmin ANT Agent running.
- Be sure to select your Forerunner 310XT device. If you see another Garmin device and attempt to update the software, you could harm that connected device.
- Click on the Update Software button.
- Please wait while the ANT Agent transfers the update to your device.
Latest release date: July 31, 2012
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.50:
- Fixed translations.
- Fixed issue with Garmin Ant Agent connecting repeatedly to device.
- Fixed issue with device repeatedly uploading the same file.
- Improved fit file writing to reduce gaps.
Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.20:
- Resolved GPS acquisition issue.
Changes made from version 3.70 to 3.90:
- Fixed the rapid fire auto pause issues being seen with cycling
- Fixed the countdown timer
- Fixed an issue with custom workouts showing instantaneous pace instead of average pace
- Fixed an issue with high alerts in custom workouts causing the activity not to upload to GC
- Improved elevation gain and loss
- Improved map drawing
- Fixed issues with courses
- Fixed issues with heart rate zones
- Fixed an issue with the naming of custom workouts
- Fixed an issue with locations being deleted after updating software
- Fixed the odometer not accruing mileage
- Fixed an issue where lap times were always recorded in whole seconds
- Fixed an issue with the Avg Lap data field showing incorrect data. Now, the Avg Lap time field shows the average times of completed laps
- Fixed an issue with the device reporting an incorrect GPS version
- Made a change to fix the swim setting not being retained after sport change
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.70:
- IMPORTANT: PLEASE BE SURE TO BACK UP ALL USER DATA BEFORE UPDATING TO 3.70. DURING THIS UPDATE, ALL USER DATA WILL BE LOST. THIS INCLUDES HISTORY, WORKOUTS, COURSES AND USER PROFILE.
- Added zero averaging for bike cadence and bike power. Found under Settings>Bike Settings>Data Averaging. Note: power and cadence are defaulted to include zeros
- Added sunrise/sunset data fields
- Added the ability to see the details of the current activity in History
- Added UTF8 support
- Added UI for viewing and editing speed/pace zones
- Added a bulk delete for courses and workouts
- Added a new 'Heart Rate Display' setting that will set how heart rate is displayed throughout the device. (Settings -> Settings -> Heart Rate -> Display)
- Improved the numeric keyboards
- Improved map drawing
- Improved the goals UI
- Improved Scheduled Workouts UI
- Improved the HR Graph data field
- Improved keyboard functionality. Added uppercase/lowercase option.
- Increased the number of steps allowed in Custom/Advanced Workouts to 50
- Fixed issues with Autolap by position
- Fixed Heart Rate Workout issues
- Fixed an issue with zones being sent from GTC
- Fixed an issue with foot pod not accumulating distance with indoor manual multisport
- Fixed an issue with unrealistic wheel size when using wheel based power meter
- Added torque to the power calibration page for wheel based power meter
- Eliminated the 150KB limit for course fit files
- Updated Firstbeat library to second generation
- Fixed issues with the Recovery Heart Rate message not clearing
- Fixed issues with calculating distance after leaving a tunnel
- Added an every second recording option. The user no longer has to be paired with a power meter in order to get once per second recording. Go to Settings>System>Data Recording to enable.
Changes made from version 3.10 to 3.20:
- Fixed crash that can occur during the setup wizard when selecting the French language.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.10:
- Fixed an issue with the Recovery Heart Rate message that was causing a shut down in various languages. The Recovery Heart Rate message is displayed 2 minutes after stopping an activity.
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.00:
- Implemented support for speed zones. The user cannot view or edit on the device, but speed zones can be sent from Garmin Training Center and then used in workouts.
- Fixed various issues with workouts showing wrong units in steps.
- Added new data fields: Vertical Speed - 30 second average, 3 second power, 30 second power, %FTP power and max speed.
- Fixed issue with GPS taking precedence over GSC10 for speed/distance even indoors
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.90:
- Implemented swim code that corrects distance values on open water swims. The distance is not displayed in real-time, but updates when the stop or lap button is pressed. This feature can be enabled only in 'Other' sport by going to Settings > Other Settings > Swim > Enabled ? Yes.
- Fixed issue with unit freezing during a manual or automatic lap.
- Fixed issue with GPS speed readings lagging by about 5 seconds.
- Fixed issue with unit lock-up when resetting an activity in 'Other' sport.
- Fixed issue with 'Back to Start' where start and end points were being left out.
- Improvements to dropping track points around turns.
- Fixed issue with repeated display of initial wheel calibration banner when using wheel power.
- Display change in HR value with the HR Recovery message current value.
- Improved power calibration page.
- Implemented smoothing for vertical speed.
Changes made from version 2.60 to 2.70:
- IMPORTANT: IF UPGRADING FROM A SOFTWARE VERSION LESS THAN 2.70 ALL USER DATA WILL BE CLEARED.
- Fixed issues related to files not uploading to computer (CRC issue).
- Added support for ANT+ Fitness Equipment.
- Fixed problem with invalid weight values being recorded from weight scale.
- Improved weight scale searching response time.
- Added enable menu options for Weight Scale and Fitness Equipment.
- Fixed issue with multisport lap error when switching from Run to Bike.
- Improved elevation readings and added elevation related fields (Total Ascent, Total Descent and Vertical Speed).
- Improved processing of scheduled workouts.
- Improved processing of advanced workouts.
- Fixed issue when trying to save a waypoint without a GPS position fix.
- Minor translation updates for certain languages.
Changes made from version 2.40 to 2.60:
- IMPORTANT: IF UPGRADING FROM A SOFTWARE VERSION LESS THAN 2.60 ALL USER DATA WILL BE CLEARED.
- Fixed file corruption that was causing transfer failures with Garmin Ant Agent.
- Added a Memory Details feature to the History menu.
- Recovery HR message will now only show when it is supposed to.
- ANT+ power data improvements.
- Added safeguards to correct issues where a unit would not power on.
- Improved execution of courses.
- Fixed various minor issues.
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Improved transfers with Garmin ANT Agent.
- Fixed Goal transfer issues.
- Fixed History transfer issues.
- Increased activity memory available.
- Improved Course performance and stability.
- Added Key Lock feature (Press the Mode and Up keys at the same time to turn on and off).
- Courses can now be scaled.
- Map coordinates can now be displayed on the map page.
- Countdown timer has been added in Other sport.
- Improved Foot Pod performance and stability.
- Changing bike profiles will now vibrate and/or play a tone.
- Improved Workout alert tones and vibrations.
- Fixed History display of data for an activity that has not been reset.
- Added warnings when Activity memory is getting full.
- Improved Auto Pause when using a GSC10.
- Durations alerts can no longer be set to 0.
- Implemented sport-specific Totals menu and functionality
- Fixed New Leaf fat calories accumulation and transfers.
Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:
- Changes to support manufacturing.