Forerunner 405CX Software Update
Download the latest software updates for your Forerunner 405CX
- Forerunner 405CX only
- PC running Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later operating system, OR
- PowerPC/Intel-based Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later
- Garmin Communicator Plugin -- Check for updates
- Garmin ANT Agent -- Check for updates
- Internet Explorer users on Windows Vista or Windows 7 must add "buy.garmin.com", "my.garmin.com" and "connect.garmin.com" to your list of Trusted Sites in the Security tab under Internet Options.
- Make sure you have paired your Forerunner 405CX with the Garmin ANT Agent™ before attempting this software update.
- Make sure you have your USB ANT Stick™ plugged in and the Garmin ANT Agent running.
- Be sure to select your Forerunner 405CX device. If you see another Garmin device and attempt to update the software, you could harm that connected device.
- Click on the Update Software button.
- Please wait while the ANT Agent transfers the update to your device.
Latest release date: July 28, 2011
Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.40:
- Fixed issue with some units getting stuck at 100% charged or 0% charged.
- Changed to record heart rate data even more frequently when GPS is off.
- Changed to stop auto scrolling when timer is paused.
- Fixed a few translation issues.
Changes made from version 2.10 to 2.30:
- Added power save countdown to warn user before watch goes to power save mode.
- Added a reminder to reset the current activity if it has been more than four hours since the timer was stopped.
- Updated start and end dates of daylight saving time in Australia.
- Added time zone for Santiago, Chile.
- Fixed issue with workouts where heart rate was always displayed as BPM even during a step based on heart rate as %Max or %HRR.
- Fixed issue where three-digit laps would cause the watch to crash if language was set to Danish.
Changes made from version 2.00 to 2.10:
- Fixed problem where extra calories could be added in biking mode when using heart rate-based calculation.
- Fixed problem where extra calories could be added in biking mode when the timer was stopped and restarted.
- Fixed problem where course goal time incorrectly included paused time.
- Improved reliability of software transfers from ANT Agent.