Garmin Swim Software Update
Download the latest software updates for your Garmin Swim
- Garmin Swim only
- PC running Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later operating system, OR
- PowerPC/Intel-based Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later
- Garmin Communicator Plugin -- Check for updates
- Garmin ANT Agent -- Check for updates
- Internet Explorer users on Windows Vista or Windows 7 must add "buy.garmin.com", "my.garmin.com" and "connect.garmin.com" to your list of Trusted Sites in the Security tab under Internet Options.
- Make sure you have paired your Garmin Swim with the Garmin ANT Agent™ before attempting this software update.
- Make sure you have your USB ANT Stick™ plugged in and the Garmin ANT Agent running.
- Be sure to select your Garmin Swim device. If you see another Garmin device and attempt to update the software, you could harm that connected device.
- Click on the Update Software button.
- Please wait while the ANT Agent transfers the update to your device.
Latest release date: May 15, 2013
Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.60:
- Warning: Before performing a software update, please ensure your version of Garmin Express is up to date (220.127.116.11 or later for Mac, 18.104.22.168 or later for PC).
- Significant improvements made to stroke type identification accuracy across all paces
- Fixed issues with zero-second active and rest lengths
- Improved transition from rest to active swimming
- Added the display of session distance to the drill page
- Fixed session distance update in custom training page
- Added option to disable stroke type identification so stroke type is not shown on the watch or on Garmin Connect
Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.40:
- Significant improvements made to length count accuracy across all paces.
- Session distance now displayed in distance tracker at the bottom of the screen while swimming.
- Added optional 'Countdown Start' feature for more precise start timing.
- Fixed issue with distance jumping by two or more lengths when ending a session.
- Added support for pool sizes of 33-1/3 m and 33-1/3 yd.
- Added support for pool sizes up to 150m and 150yd.
- The messages displayed during a firmware update are now more descriptive during the two stages of the update.
- Updated Czech translation for strokes per minute.
- Fixed session pace rollover bug for swims longer than 4200m.
Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.20:
- Allows user to set custom pool size down to 17 meters or 18 yards
- Improved drill logging (after logging a drill, the watch returns to training page 4, ready to log another drill)
- Improved viewing of custom training page 5 following pauses and re-starts
- Allows user to set seconds in (Clock > Time 1 and 2) through main menu
- Improved switching between time zones (T1 & T2)
- Added abbreviated translations for units of measure, like 'LEN' and 'STRK'
- Phase 1 of improved stroke type identification for breaststroke and backstroke